Meeting the Immediate Need
Our robust emergency food distribution system, together with our innovative programs, strives to meet the immediate needs of our community while also empowering families to address hunger before it starts.
Creating Innovative Programs
- Fresh Rx is a prescription program for children and pregnant and nursing mothers that provides weekly shares of fresh fruits and vegetables to those who have tested positive for food insecurity.
- Our Summer Meals program and After School Meals programs offer healthy food and fun activities to children beyond the classroom.
- Operation Backpack supplies thousands of children at-risk for weekend hunger with take-home, easy-to-prepare and nutritious food during the school year.
- Signature nutrition education outreach programs include Operation CHEF (Culinary Habits to Empower Families) and Cooking Matters® at the Store. These highly interactive programs give kids, adults, and families the skills they need to make sound nutrition choices and to prepare healthy, affordable meals.
- Our advocacy on behalf of School Breakfast programs helps ensure that children start the day off with a nutritious breakfast, leading to better educational and behavioral outcomes.
Advocating for Hunger Relief
OFS brings together a community united in its belief in expanding access to healthy food so families struggling to get by in both rural and urban areas have the opportunity to put nutritious food on the table.
VISIT OFS WEBSITE